I'm signing off for the next few days. I have to work tomorrow, but after that I'll have 5 blissful days to celebrate, catch up, and hang out with my family. And I plan to soak it all in and enjoy this time we have together.
From my family to yours, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
I can't believe Christmas is this week. THIS week!!! How is that even possible? And no, I'm not ready.
But enough of that. It's Monday and that calls for a weekend recap. I took Friday off and it was glorious! I absolutely loved spending the entire day with my little man. We went to Target. We visited his old nanny. We played. We snuggled. It was awesome. As a full time working mom, days like that mean the absolute world to me and I cherish every second. I love this little guy more than I could have ever imagined.
Saturday we spent the morning playing together. I got my run in while Camden took his morning nap. After that we just hung out and played and got things together to head out for the rest of the weekend. Our first stop Saturday was my parents' house. We all just hung out and played for a couple hours before dinner. After dinner, we headed to the North Hornell Fire Department to see Santa and Elmo and a bunch of other characters. I have got to say - I was IMPRESSED with Camden. He absolutely LOVED Cookie Monster and Mickey - he even wanted them to hold him. I mean, who is this kid?!?! He even sat on Santa's lap....we didn't get any smiles out of him but there was also no tears so that's a win in my books. After that, we headed to my sister's house to watch the parade go by. The fire trucks were LOUD but Camden didn't seem to mind. In fact, he loved watching the parade and seeing all the fire trucks with their lights and their sirens. After that, I nursed him and we headed back to my parents for the night. Sunday Camden slept in until 7:20!! We got up and headed out to breakfast with the family. After breakfast, we headed to Matt's family's annual cookie bake. My mom, sister, and nephew joined us this year and we all had so much fun!! The little guys especially loved frosting (I mean eating!) the cookies :) And check out the special cookies Matt made for them <3
By the time we got home, we were ALL exhausted. It was early to bed for ALL of us after such a fun but exhausting weekend! Now we just have to make it through a few days before heading into another crazy weekend. But I cannot wait for Christmas with this little dude - it's going to be SO much fun! <3
With having a November birthday and only being 1 years old, there isn't much Camden needs or wants for Christmas. But that doesn't mean he won't be finding some pretty fun stuff under the Christmas tree. I'm going with the 'Want, Need, Read, Wear' list that's pretty popular these days. So what will Camden find us the tree for him from Santa?....
1) I Want - wooden blocks. These are a classic - and a toy I think EVERY kid needs. Camden is going to love stacking these and knocking them down. And they'll be a fun way to learn letters and colors.
2) I Need - hooded towel. All his infant towels are too small for him. So he's definitely in need of some bigger towels. (where did my little baby go?!?!)
3) I'll Read - personalized book. I bought a Groupon for a personalized book and I love it. He got a couple personalized books for his birthday and I just love them!! Any book in general is good with Camden - he loves to flip the pages, listen to us read, and look at all the pictures.
4) I'll Wear - sweatshirt and jacket. This jacket will be perfect for the spring. And that varsity pullover?! So freakin' adorable. I can't wait to see him wear it!!
5) And I'd really love for you to bring me - swirl ball ramp toy. I bought this for my nephew last year and knew Camden had to have one too. Another toy that I think he's just going to love and get a lot of use of it. Bonus - it's small and will easily fit in his toy box.
I can't wait until he's old enough and he can fill this out himself so Santa knows exactly what to bring him. He will also find some pretty cool stuff under the tree from mommy and daddy - we just couldn't help ourselves :)
What's on your kids' list this year?
Well here we are again - Monday morning!! They certainly aren't my favorite, especially after a pretty fun weekend. But I do have Friday off and let me tell ya I CANNOT wait to spend the entire day with my little guy <3
Friday night I had to attend my company's holiday party. We didn't have a sitter, so unfortunately, I had to go alone. Luckily, it wasn't too bad, the food was good, I enjoyed a fantastic glass of wine, and even got out on the dance floor. And I had gotten out of work early so I was even able to spend a couple hours with my two favorite people before having to go!! I introduced pom poms to Camden and he LOVED them!
Saturday I got my run in early. We've been having PERFECT running weather and I'm totally loving it. Camden took a 2 hour nap in the morning (AND in the afternoon!) so I was able to get a lot done while he slept. My parents came up around 3 and we headed to a local Christmas event. Camden met Santa and was NOT impressed. He also decorated a cookie (the cookie was rock hard but he did love the frosting!)
Sunday after I got home from Pilates, we headed out to run a bunch of errands. We attempted to see Santa at the mall but the line was way, way, way too long. Ain't nobody got time for that. So I'll try again on Friday (I'm hoping it'll be less busy during the day on a week day.) After that we just spent a lot of time just playing and hanging out. And of course, we decorated cookies!!
I know I said I wasn't going to do monthly updates anymore, but I can't help myself. I LOVE looking back at these posts. And quite honestly, I'm horrible at updating his baby book so this blog sort of takes the place of that (I plan to print off these monthly updates and put them in a book so I'll always have them.) But in any case, I'm here doing his 13 month update (a day early actually!) It was such a HUGE month for him, I just HAD to do one. As with every month, there are so many things I don't want to forget.
~ First and foremost...Camden is walking. He really started walking about a week or so after his 1st birthday. And at this point, it's his preferred method of getting around. Watching him walk is by far the cutest thing EVER.
~ His vocabulary has also exploded this month. I think he's up to 10 words, including kitty, thank you, and cheers.
~ He is still small for his age - he's about the size of your average 9 month old. But he's growing like a weed and is perfectly perfect in every way!! At his one year doctor's appointment he weighed 18lbs and 12oz and was 29.5" long!
~ Dances like an adorable fool (I use that term lovingly!!) when he hears music
~ He is fiercely independent (jeez - I wonder where he gets that from?!?) And definitely knows what he wants, when he wants, and has no problem telling us.
~ This kid LOVES to nurse. What he doesn't love?...whole milk.
~ Loves to look at his picture books and the pictures we have on our walls and point people out and say their names.
~ Really loves helping us, whether it's throwing something in the garbage, picking up his toys at night, checking the mail, or helping pick out his clothes.
~ Has not been taking a morning nap at daycare. But we're working on it. He's just not ready to drop down to 1 nap. So we're all definitely trying to get this straightened out and hopefully he'll get back on track soon.
~ Would eat clementines...and only clementines...at every meal if we'd let him.
~ Loves, loves, loves his stuffed animals and has really gotten attached to his puppy lovey.
~ He's still a total mama's boy and I love it.
~ Been sick a lot this past month (and vomited for the first time!) But despite not feeling 100% - you'd never know it (most of the time.)
~ Had to have some blood drawn venously (all results came back great so nothing to worry about thank goodness.) He did so much better than we expected - but goodness it was so hard on Matt and I!!
~ He has these adorable little curls that I just can't get enough of (and thus why his hair is long...I don't have the heart to cut it!!!)
~ For a while I thought he'd be a lefty like me...BUT I'm sad to say I'm 99% sure he'll be a righty.
~ He now has 8 teeth - 3 on top, 4 on the bottom, and 1 molar!!!
~ We fall more in love with this little dude EVERY SINGLE DAY. He's such a good kid - honestly. We know we got lucky. And dang he's cute (strangers stop us all the time so I know it's not just us that thinks this!) I'm so incredibly proud of Camden every day and I'm so lucky to be his mama.
Now that I finally mailed our Christmas cards, I'm so excited to share them with you all!! I absolutely love how they turned out. As usual, I used Shutterfly (and thanks to a good sale and a couple promo codes I got them super cheap!) They have so many different cards to choose from (in fact I created 4 of them and had to enlist my hubs to help me choose which design!)
So from my family to yours, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
And, of course, I couldn't resist adding one more picture to the back of the card. I mean look at that face! :)
Fact - this picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post. But I had to share. I mean - look at it...it's gorgeous. Pretty sure I'll be printing this off to put in a frame to display in my house. I mean how could I not?! (this was taken this past Sunday while we were at our town's Christmas tree lighting event)
I stole this from Jessica because right now my life is too crazy to think of blog posts on my own #truelife #workingmom
4 names people like to call you other than your real name:
1. Mama (my favorite!)
4 jobs you’ve had:
1. Library page (good ol' high school days)
2. Mom - the best 'job' there is :)
3. Staff Accountant
4. Accounting Manager I (same company as Staff Accountant just got promoted)
4 movies you’ve seen more than once (tough for me - I very rarely watch a movie more than once...nor do I read a book more than once...):
2. The Lion King
3. The Notebook
4. Our wedding video (that counts, right?!)
4 books you’d recommend:
1. Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy - it's funny. it's quick. A must read for any pregnant woman!!
2. Anything by Nicholas Sparks - he can do no wrong in my eyes. I love all his books!!
3. Anything by Kathryn Shay - another of my favorite authors. You can't go wrong with any of her books!
4. Little Blue Truck - seriously, I love, love, love this kid's book. I think EVERY child needs this book.
4 places you’ve lived:
1. I've only ever lived in NY. Sad but true....
4 places you’ve visited:
1. Jamaica - girls trip 2008...one of the vacations EVER!
2. Aruba - honeymoon...of course it was amazing!
3. Italy - including Rome, Florence, and Venice
4. Ocean City Maryland - babymoon 2014
4 places you'd rather be right now:
1. at home with my baby
2. at the spa
3. at the gym
4. somewhere tropical
4 things you will never eat:
1. liver - no explanation needed.
2. hot peppers
4. canned tuna fish (thank you pregnancy!!)
4 of your favorite foods:
2. Cookie butter
4 TV shows you watch:
1. Blue Bloods
2. Hawaii 5-0
4 things I'm looking forward to this coming year:
1. Watching Camden grow more and more
2. Going to music lessons with Camden starting in January
3. Doing some house projects (backsplash in the kitchen, a little decor updating in the dining room, organizing the basement, etc.)
4. Creating a more balanced life.
4 things you’re always saying:
1. I love you
2. I'm gonna get you (to Camden...whether I'm going to tickle him...or chase him...or scoop him up in a giant hug, I always say this to him and it cracks him up!)
3. I wish we had more money.
4. What do you say? (again to Camden as we're trying to teach him new words and manners and such.)
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!