Born November 12, 2014 (his due date!) He weighed in at 6lbs 14oz and 19.5" long!! Mommy (and daddy, too!) endured 18+ hours of labor, followed by over 3 hours of pushing!! What a whirlwind that day was but totally worth it all!! We are enjoying being a family of 3 and trying to soak up every second with this little guy <3
Making : lists...lots and lots of lists. Things to save for. Things to buy yet. Things to do. It never ends.
Cooking : as simply as possible these days. Oh, and using the CrockPot at least once a week!!
Drinking : water, water, water! (even though I'm sick of it and can't wait to have a glass of wine!)
Reading: some random book on my Kindle. I don't even know the title of it but it makes riding the bike at the gym a bit more bearable.
Wanting: more hours in the day...and cash in my bank account :)
Looking: out my office window...and wishing I weren't here.
Playing: the name game with the hubs...still throwing names out there even though I know we've got it narrowed down to 3...just need to see his little face before we make a decision!
Deciding: whether to indulge in a cup of coffee or not today.
Wishing: I could work part time...I think that'd be the best of both worlds!!
Enjoying: every second with the hubs and it being just the two of us <3
Waiting: for this child to decide he's baked long enough and he's ready to join this crazy world!
Liking: that the sun is shining and temps are supposed to be close to 70!!!
Wondering: what the next few months are REALLY going to be like...
Loving: comfy pants, slippers, snuggles on the couch, and yummy scented candles.
Pondering: a new job
Considering: where to go next year on vacation. I have to start thinking about it now so we can hopefully save up money for it.
Watching: Orange is the New Black. We started the series over the weekend...we're only 4 episodes in but so far I'm likin' it.
Hoping: it doesn't take me long to get back into running. I seriously miss it SO much!
Marveling: at houses that are for sale that I'll never be able to afford...but wish I could.
Needing: a massage and a glass of wine...yup, sounds downright heavenly right now!
Smelling: nothing...but wishing I had a candle or something yummy scented in my office.
Wearing: a dress...with sandals!! <3
Following: lots of inspiring people on Instagram...and wishing I were as dedicated to eating right and working out as they are!!
Noticing: how messy my office is...and not caring!
Knowing: that life's about to drastically change and dealing with the emotions that comes along with that.
Thinking: about all the things I'd love to buy...but can't.
Admiring: my husband - my rock. my best friend. my EVERYTHING.
Sorting: through anything and everything these days.
Buying: stock up items - my grandma Helen would be proud :)
Getting: used to very little sleep.
Bookmarking: new blogs that I find to follow.
Disliking: how emotional I am lately!!
Opening: sympathy/thinking of you cards from family and friends after my grandma passed away. It helps ease things a little bit - knowing what loving, caring people we have in our lives.
Giggling: at this...
Things I want to do...but CAN'T...
- Recognize myself. Between my ankles swelling most days. My face being fuller. My legs not being as toned. And other body parts not looking like I'm used to, I'm definitely at the point where I just want my body back. I want to feel like myself. I want to look like myself. I want to be in (somewhat) shape again. I want to be fit again. I just want to feel normal again. I want to be Renée - just plain, old Renée.
- Make and drink this apple cider sangria. Seriously. If anyone wants to bring me some of this after I've had the baby I won't say no.
- Go for a run. Seriously. There is NOTHING better than running in the fall. It's usually the perfect temps. The scenery is gorgeous. And you just want to soak everything up before the weather turns nasty.
- Go on a sushi date with Matt. We both love sushi. And the hubs and I love going out on sushi dates. I can't wait for us to go on a sushi date - who wants to babysit?!?!
- Win the lottery. And why can't I?...Because I don't play.
- I love candy corn. I know, I know - it's one of those foods you either love or hate. I am definitely one of those people who happen to love it...I have a serious addiction. With that being said, these candy corn and white chocolate blondies (minus the white chocolate chips so they can be dairy free!) need to be made...and inhaled immediately. So these will be made...SOON...and consequently devoured by yours truly.
- Go shopping...for myself. I've been so caught up in Christmas shopping and shopping for the baby that I desperately want to go out shopping and buy myself some new clothes. Though, clearly being 39 weeks pregnant isn't the time to be doing that. I have no idea what size I'll be. I have no idea how long it'll take me to get back into regular clothes. But with all these super, cute fall fashions I see - all I want to do is Shop! Shop! Shop! (and fit back into regular clothes!!!) I mean how cute are all these outfits? (all from my Pinterest board...of course!)
What do you WANT to do...but can't?!?!?
How far along: 39 weeks...I can't believe it!
Baby Size: a watermelon according to The Bump.
Maternity clothes: Yup except for a few regular dresses that I can still wear.
Stretch marks: No, I don't think so. My cousin said you can still get them though after you have the baby sooooo fingers still crossed that they stay away!! We'll see...
Sleep: Not the greatest but could also be worse.
Gender: I think we've covered this...
Movement: Still lots of movement.
Looking forward to: Getting this burst of energy everyone talks about that you supposedly get right before you go into labor. I certainly could use some extra energy these days!!!!
Food cravings: toast (from a loaf of homemade REAL bread) with butter and homemade strawberry jam sounds sooo dang good to me!! I knew I should have stopped at Great Harvest Bread Co when I drove by it this morning :)
Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing weird
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really - mornings are still rough but that's been the case for a while now so nothing new.
Labor Signs: I went to the doctor today - I'm 90% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and baby's head is 'right there'. Oh, and having lots of BH contractions.
What I miss: Oh my gosh let's not go there this week...seriously. Let's try focusing on the positives...
Symptoms: Officially waddling...ridiculous amount of pressure since this baby is so freakin' low...a much fuller face/legs/butt (hey...keepin' it real here kids!)...
Nursery: Almost complete (or as complete as it's going to be.) We just need to hang up the prints and we'll be good to go (I think...I HOPE...)
Belly Button in or out?: Still a half outtie - not nearly as sensitive as it was last week though, which is nice.
Wedding rings on or off?: On!
Workouts: I'm still aiming for 5 times a week. I had to promise the lady at the front desk, though, that I wouldn't give birth there ha-ha
Things that suck: being so torn about having this baby! I'm clearly over being pregnant and just want this kid out...but on the other hand, there's still so much I'd like to get done before he gets here. So, as much as I want him out, I also want him to stay in so this mommy and daddy to-be can get more stuff done!!!
Things that don't suck: having an awesome husband, family, and friends.
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!