Christmas is over. All the presents have been unwrapped. My house is back to normal (but dirty still since I haven't cleaned yet.) And we're all exhausted. But we also have full hearts. And made lots of memories. So overall - Christmas 201 was a total SUCCESS!
We spent Christmas Eve at Matt's aunt & uncle's house. We left there shortly before C's bedtime and got home in time to leave Santa some cookies and the reindeer some carrots, opened up a couple gifts (2 new Christmas books), read the new books, and tucked the little guy in before getting to play Santa. I was SO excited.
We woke Camden up at 7:30 and he was so excited that Santa came!! He loved that Santa ate his cookies and milk and that the reindeer ate all their carrots. Santa even left Camden a note!! He had fun opening up his presents - though his favorite gifts were Dollar Tree gel window clings and a Superman figurine - oh to be 2!! After opening our gifts we got ready and headed down to my parents and got there shortly around 11:15. We opened presents - put the boys down for a nap - and then had our family dinner. We headed out and got to Matt's parents' house around 7:45/8. We let Camden stay up a few minutes to say hello to everyone and off to bed he went (though it was quite the struggle to get him to sleep!!) On Monday we spent the day at my in-laws - opening presents, hanging out, snuggling, and just being together. It was a really great day, even though I wasn't feeling 100% since I was so exhausted. We enjoyed a great meal together and left to head home around C's bedtime. He was fast asleep by 7:30 that night and slept until 7:30 the next morning!! Tuesday morning Matt worked out and I got a long run in - then Camden napped for 2 and a half hours - and once he was up we headed back down to my in-laws to celebrate Christmas with Matt's dad's family. Wednesday Matt had to coach the 5:15am class - so he did that and then worked out and got his car inspected. Camden and I slept in until 7:40 (well I was awake at 6 but just laid in bed playing on my phone!) We spent the morning taking our Christmas decorations down, playing, organizing, and just relaxing. It was awesome!!!!!!! Camden took over a 3 hour nap yesterday so I was able to hit up the gym, Target, and get to the post office and still had time once I got home to lay on the couch with Matt for a good 20 minutes!! We spent the rest of the day just hanging out together, cooking a delicious meal together, and relaxing & enjoying the time together. I'm back to work today...Matt is actually at work as well...and Camden is at daycare playing with his friends. Already looking forward to another long weekend <3
Now get ready for a whole lotta pictures :)....you're welcome!
I MUST CONFESS...
That picture has nothing to do with this post. It's just too cute not to share. You're welcome :)
I'm totally 'that' mom I swear I wouldn't be. I give in way too easily too often, mostly because I have so much guilt because I work and don't spend enough time with him during the week. And Camden totally knows it and takes full advantage! But I love him so <3
I'm not done Christmas shopping yet and it's making me SO stressed. Seriously I don't know how people wait til the last minute.
Camden has been waking up SUPER early in the mornings (like this morning it was 5:30!) Any advice for this mama? Even if he goes to bed later than normal he wakes up early. This has been going on for about 2 weeks I'd say. So any insight/advice would be great :)
I bought 10 hands soaps today from Bath & Body Works - yes 10!! But at $3 each I couldn't say no.
This morning I was snuggling with C in bed and out of the blue he says to me 'I like you a lot mommy' Seriously - this kid is so freakin' sweet...he really is. I am so incredibly proud of the little person he is growing into.
Our budget is out of control lately. I am looking forward to starting the new year off on the right foot financially. We need to get back on track and stay within our budget!!
What do you confess today?
With Christmas only 11 days away (say what?!?!) there is still plenty I want to do with my little family. Here's my life of things I want to get to:
1. Go look at Christmas lights. There is a street not far from our house that is AMAZING! We took Camden there last year and so I want to continue that tradition. I think this year he's going to LOVE it!!
2. Bake cookies. Camden LOVES to help in the kitchen so I think he's really going to love helping me bake cookies, frost and decorate them...and of course EAT them :)
3. Pay for someone's order while out (whether that be at a restaurant or Dunkin' or wherever.) We've done this before and I'd love to do it again this holiday season.
4. Watch a Christmas movie with Camden. I hate to admit it but my kid loves to watch videos on You Tube. I don't think he would sit through an entire Christmas movie but I'd like to at least cuddle up on the couch with my little family for a few minutes and watch a little bit of one together.
5. Decorate a gingerbread house together.
6. Deliver some homemade goodies to some of our neighbors.
7. Get a new Christmas book to read together.
8. Go to the store with Camden and have him pick out a toy to donate to needy children.
What's on your Christmas bucket list?
A fun little questionnaire I've seen floating around the blog world so I'm joining...
1. Are you named after anyone? My middle name (Antoinette) is named after my maternal grandfather (Anthony)
2. When was the last time you cried? Last week at some point. I did get teary eyed this morning though - does that count?
3. Do you have kids? Yes - he's pretty much all I blog about :) My son is 2 and the absolute light of my life. To say I'm obsessed with him is just a slight understatement ;-)
4. Will you ever bungee-jump? Pre-kids I totally would have. But now? I don't know to be honest. I'd really have to think about it and talk it out with the hubs. It's not just me anymore to worry about - if something were to happen I'd be leaving a child (and husband) behind and that's scary to me.
5. What's your favorite cereal? ooooh I love cereal let me tell ya - I don't know if I can pick an absolute favorite. I really love Multi Grain Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Life, Fruit Loops and pretty much any other sugar laden cereal on the market. It's one of those items we can't have in the house so we never buy it (except plain Cheerios)
6. What's the first thing you notice about people? This is tough. I guess it's how 'put together' they are - not necessarily from a clothes standpoint but just in general. Does that make sense?
7. What is your eye color? Blue-gray eyes.
8. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings for sure - I don't do scary movies.
9. Favorite scents? I have so many but I'd say clean, fresh cotton wins - though lilac is a close second :)
10. Summer or winter? Summer for sure. I love to be outside and soaking up summer as much as possible. Winters are too long around here - I like the first month of it then I'm over it.
11. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? Venice, Italy
12. Do you have any special talents? Not that I can think of right now...
13. Where were your born? NY
14. What are your hobbies? being with my little family, working out, reading (I'd love to do more of this!), and cooking/baking (another thing I'd love to do more often!!)
15. Do you have any pets? A beta fish named 'blub blub' (and no - I didn't name it...)
16. Favorite movie? This is HARD!! I don't watch a ton of movies and I don't like re-watching movies (or re-reading books or anything like that.) I do love classic movies like Grease and The Lion King. I also really love all the Nicholas Sparks movies adapated from his books. I'm much more of a TV kinda person.
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!