- that I had yesterday off and had BIG plans for a fun day with my little man. However, he just wasn't having it. It was a rough day let me tell ya and he tested my patience BIG time. But I still loved spending the day with him and love that he's my little snuggle bunny. He loves his mama somethin' fierce and I love spending my days with him - even when he's cranky!
- this article is amazing. For all you parents who put your kid(s) in daycare...READ it. Thanks to The Lady Okie for originally posting on her blog.
- I've been on the search for some spring/summer shoes. I am ROUGH on shoes so I don't like spending a lot of money them (even when I have spent good money on higher quality shoes they don't last.) I like both of these. So I'm thinking I'll order both and see which I like better and just return the other pair. I wear a lot of skinny pants, dresses and skirts in the spring and summer so I think either option will work.
- I was finally able to run more than 3 miles yesterday and it felt AMAZING. The weather was perfect and my knee felt good. It did get a little sore towards the end of the 4.25 miles but I think I'm finally on the mend and will be able to slowly work my way up to my normal mileage! I don't think I'll be up to a half marathon in April like I had wanted but that's OK - I'll be ready for September's half :)
- Last year Camden lived in these iPlay shoes. He loved them. I loved them - it was a win, win. So this year I ordered these from Old Navy. I got them on major sale so I"m hoping they're just as good as the iPlay ones.
We had a crazy busy but FUN weekend!!!
On Saturday morning I got a quick 3 mile run in - it was raining and cold but I made it (and had zero knee pain so that's a BIG plus!!) Afterwards, Matt went to work out and coach so Camden and I just hung out and played. Later that afternoon my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came and we headed out to see Daniel Tiger Live!! The boys LOVED every second of it - it was awesome!!
We got home and attempted dinner but the boys were too busy staying up late and playing so we let them play while us adults enjoyed dinner. The boys stayed up way past their bedtimes (as did the adults!)
Sunday morning we played and ate pancakes then headed to a local indoor play place for the kids to run wild. It was a really neat place and the kids had an absolute blast!
After nap, Camden and I went outside to play and get some fresh air while Matt went grocery shopping. We had dinner, put Camden down, finished up our weekly prep quickly, and then finally sat down for the latest episode of Scandal.
And now here we are - Monday. And let me tell ya- our Monday morning was ROUGH. Here's to hoping Camden catches up on some sleep during nap time at daycare today!!!
We made it! It's finally Friday and I am so ready for the weekend. I haven't done a 5 on Friday in a while so I thought I'd finally join in again.
1. We have a super fun weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew are coming up and we're all going to see Daniel Tiger Live! I am so excited and think Camden is going to absolutely LOVE it!!
2. We'd also like to hit up The Strong Museum of Play Sunday morning since it's Superhero weekend there AND Super Why characters Wyatt and Woofster will be there. Another thing Camden is going to go absolutely NUTS over!!!
3. I worked out at home last night. I knew I wanted to work out (OK cross that out - I NEEDED to) but just didn't have it in me to drive to the gym. It wasn't the greatest at home work out but hey, at least I did something, right?!?! My knee is finally feeling better and I am so looking forward to getting outside and getting some runs in.
4. I've been trying to be more aware of how I spend my time. For me that means less time on Instagram and Facebook and more time reading. I read 2 books in the last couple weeks. And now I need some suggestions. What are some good books you've read lately?
5. I think we are going to go to Philadelphia over spring break for a few days. Besides, the Please Touch museum, what else do we NEED to do while there? I'm not sure how long we're going for - probably just 2 or 3 days so we don't need a ton of things to do. Any insight on this would be great :)
I confess - this picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post. However, I feel like a blog from me isn't complete without a picture of that cute little face. I just can't help it - I'm obsessed with him <3
I confess - I haven't washed my hair since Monday, The last three days I haven't gotten up in time to wash, dry, and straighten my hair so I've just been 'fixing' it with my flat iron. Lucky for me I don't have oily hair and you can't tell but I really think I need to get on the dry shampoo train and see what that's all about.
I confess - I'm desperate to go somewhere warm. I really, really, REALLY want to go to Mexico or the Caribbean.
I confess - I've been done with Camden's Easter Basket for a while now...yet every week I buy something more for it. I have a problem - I just can't stop buying stuff. It's too easy and too fun and I know he'll LOVE the things I"m getting. But I have got to cut myself off ha-ha
I confess - I'm ready to chop my hair off. I like my hair long but I'm ready for something different. Plus it'll grow again. So I see a shoulder length bob in my near future.
I confess - I am having a really good time with Camden. Seriously, I love this age. I am soaking it all up and loving up on him every second. He has a legit sense of humor and cracks us up every day - it's hysterical!!!
I confess - I'm really going to miss my one-on-one Saturday mornings with Camden. This is the last weekend of the CrossFit open so it'll be my last weekend of having Camden all to myself all morning. Is it bad that sometimes I don't like sharing him with the hubs?! ha-ha
It's been a WHIRLWIND week to say the least....
So last Wednesday we were hit with a crazy wind storm, that resulted in us losing our power Wednesday afternoon at some point. We stayed at our house that night but when we woke up Thursday we knew we couldn't stay there any longer. Neither Matt nor I had to work Thursday so we headed down to my in-laws for the day. Luckily, they are out of town this month so we weren't intruding on them. So Thursday was a nice, lazy family day and we soaked it up. I had to go into work Friday (which was pointless since we had neither internet nor phone but whatever...) Matt stayed at his parents since he didn't have to work again. But he had plans to head to Saratoga for Friday night/Saturday morning so my mom had to come get Camden (since our daycare was also without electricity and therefore, couldn't take any kids!) After work, I headed down to my parents to stay with them for the night.
Saturday morning Camden and I had a play date with my friend and her daughter - donuts and then the local library. We got home in time for a quick lunch before nap. After nap, we hung out until my sister and nephew got to my parents. Matt got to my parents around 5:30-ish and then we all headed out to dinner. Sunday morning Camden and I headed out to breakfast with my parents, grandpa, and aunt and uncle, while Matt headed to Rochester to do a few things. After breakfast, I packed our stuff up and Camden and I headed back to my in laws. We spent the rest of Sunday trying to stay positive, doing laundry, and trying to figure out the week. Luckily, our day care provider got power back on Sunday which was great for us so we didn't have to figure that out come Monday. So Monday morning I dropped Camden off at daycare and we FINALLY got our power back. It was soooo nice to be home. We spent Monday night cleaning, organizing, re-stocking our fridge, and trying to get our lives back in order. Now here we are...Tuesday and we're in the midst of a crazy snow storm!!!!!!!!! Seriously - it's nuts!! Matt is home from work again today - and tomorrow looks like it'll be another snow day for him!! This weather is just INSANE!!! I haven't worked out in a week and honestly, I'm just ready to get back to our regular life!!
It's been a crazy week this past week and hopefully after this snow storm we'll be back to normal and we'll all be happier!! I am SO ready for SPRING!!
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!