Today you are 14 months old. It's so hard for mommy and daddy to believe that. Time goes by so fast - it honestly feels like it was just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. (I know, I know - I've said that before...but it's TRUE!)
But you are no longer our newborn. Instead, you are our vivacious, happy, incredibly smart, super sweet little boy.Your baby features are disappearing and you are looking more and more like a little boy now (and an uber cute one at that!) <3 Everywhere we go, people comment on how cute you are (and how little you are - no one believes me when I say you're 1!!)
Your language is the biggest milestone these days. You're constantly saying new words, like love you, thank you, excuse me, please, and cheese...to just name a few. You try to mimic everything we say and do (duly noted!) You know what you want and aren't afraid to tell us. You are a big fan of the word no - well, when you say it to us (you don't like it when we say it to you though!) You quite simply are the sweetest little boy there is. You give squeezes and kisses. You'll lay your head on my shoulder and pat my back. You say 'love you.' And the other morning I was holding you and you laid your head down randomly on my shoulder and it sounded like you were singing to me (it lasted a good 10-15 seconds!) It melted my heart and it's a moment I'll NEVER forget.
You are constantly on the go and you are legit SO MUCH fun to play with. We absolutely love playing with you - whether it be with blocks, or your Duplos, or playing in your sensory bins. But better than that, is your love of books. You love, love, love books and I hope this love of books stays with you for your entire life. You constantly want to read and look at pictures in your books. You grab the books you want, bring them over to us, and promptly scoot your little butt into our laps so we can read with you. I.LOVE.IT.
I honestly can't even begin to explain the love your daddy and I have for you. Every day we say to each other how awesome you are. You are the absolute light of our lives. You bring us so much love and joy and happiness. Seriously, we couldn't have asked for a better, sweeter child. You are so incredibly loved - so, so very loved my sweet little boy <3 I hope you always know how loved you are and how amazing you are. You are mine and daddy's greatest joy.
- I have no idea how much you weigh. We'll find out next month at your 15 month check up. You have 10 teeth (well actually 12 - the 2 newest have just barely popped through.) You have 3 out of 4 molars. You wear size 3 diapers. For clothes you wear mostly 6-9 or 9 month. You do wear 12 month in onesie undershirts (Gerber brand that tend to run small.) And you actually have a couple pairs of pants that are size 3-6 that fit you (obviously brands that tend to run big!)
- You love to eat - but only what you WANT to eat. You have become quite selective in this area. Right now, you can't get enough peanut butter!! You love it on toast, crackers, pancakes, and waffles!!! You are also still nursing and I see no end in sight. I am, however, down to pumping just once when I'm at work.
- You are a total mama's boy still and I legit love it.
- You still won't take a morning nap at daycare but go down pretty easily for us on the weekends. I really wish you'd take a morning nap for Miss Tina but there isn't really much we can do about this situation.
- You'll be going on your first airplane ride at the end of March (which mama and dada are NERVOUS about!)
- You went to the dentist for the first time yesterday (1/11/16)
- Last Saturday (1/09/16) you also went to your first basketball game to cheer on Pops (who is probably your most favorite person after mama and dada!!)
- This past Saturday you also started music class through the Eastman School of Music.
- We introduced a new sensory bin to you - beans!! You like scooping them into another container and then pouring them back into their storage container. You also like when we bury something (like a puzzle piece) and you have to dig through the beans to find it.
- You love to help - whether it's helping daddy make coffee, putting laundry in the washer, putting your milk in the fridge, or carrying something for us. It doesn't matter - you just want to help out and feel so confident and proud when you do!!
- You are very communicative - you know what you want, when you want it and you let us all know. It's actually pretty amazing to actually be able to communicate with you and understand what you want/don't want.
A little mommy update:
I can't believe 14 months ago I had a baby. It's still so crazy to me. But in any case, I'm still struggling with postpartum anxiety. I thought I'd get used to being a working mama but I still haven't and don't think I ever will. It's just as hard today as it was my first day back after maternity leave. It absolutely breaks my heart to leave him every day. I struggle so much with everything I'm missing out on when I'm at work. And every day I wish and pray that things were different. But I know they'll never be. I feel like every day is a battle of trying to do it all because there's just SO much to do and very limited time.
But on a more positive note, my confidence as a mom has grown tremendously. That's saying a lot for me since I've pretty much never had confidence in anything before. Being a mom is amazing and I love every second of it (even the hard parts!) I just try to take it one day at a time, do the best I can, and try to give myself a break (because no matter how hard I try, I CAN'T do it all and I need to be OK with myself about that.)
Christmas was great - but exhausting. Our kitchen backsplash is FINALLY done (thank you hubs - you're amazing!! I promise...no more house projects!!)
But New Year's - it's been rough. The stomach bug hit me and it hit me hard. So the new year hasn't exactly started as I had planned. But I am here. And I am surviving.
I hope to have a Christmas recap up at some point. When? I'm not exactly sure. Though, the holidays are over and most people's lives are slowing down, mine is just beginning. Oh the joys of being an Accountant with a 12/31 year end. Matt got a new student in his class starting today. Camden starts music classes this Saturday. Needless to say, the next few months will be nothing short of insane for us. So, I may or may not be here much. But I'll do my best to show up whenever I am able to.
In the meantime, I leave you all with some pics of my little man....because who doesn't love a good dose of cuteness for their Monday?! (The first 3 pictures were taken at his old nanny's house...her husband is a photographer which is why the quality is so good! Ya'll know I only do pictures with my iPhone!)
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!