We spent last week in Ocean City, Maryland. It was nice to get away and just spend time with the hubs and actually relax - one last vacation before we become a family of 3 (gosh - that's weird to say!)
We rented a condo on the bay side of Ocean City, about 3 blocks from the beach. Our days were spent...
- relaxing on the beach and at the pool and reading a ton!! (I finished the book I had started before we left and also 2 additional books while there!)
- eating all sorts of delicious, and some new-to-us, foods like polish water ice and canary melon! Both absolutely delicious!! We also went out a couple times for dinner (where, of course, I had crab cakes...it is Maryland afterall!), had lunch at Seacrets (like a mini Jamaica right there in Ocean City - so fun!), and found a great diner known for their breakfasts (and donuts!) where I tried sweet potato pancakes (don't worry - we got donuts to go before we left for home Saturday!)
- enjoying beautiful sunsets...
- hanging out on the boardwalk, people watching, and, of course, playing skeeball (I need one of these at my house!!!)...listening to live music on the beach...and enjoying fireworks!!
- visiting Assateague Island (though we didn't actually go into the park we did see a few of the wild horses...sorry, no pic though!)
- shopping at the Tanger Outlet Mall...where I easily could have spent SO much money!! I forget how awesome outlet malls are!!
And that was our vacation in a nutshell!! Though it wasn't the vacation of our dreams, we had such a nice time soaking up the last few days of summer and spending time with each other <3
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!