Hey everyone! It's me Camden (shhh don't tell mommy or daddy I'm on the laptop - they don't think I'm old enough for 'screen time' yet as tehy call it!) But anyways, I always hear mommy talk about her blog and I have no idea what that is, so I figured I'd check it out. I'm growing up so fast and learning so much I want to check everything out and figure things out. I'm learning so much every day - there are just so many fun and interesting things to see and learn about!!
Anyways, you know how nosey my mom is - always on Facebook and Instagram -always reading blogs - always just being nosey and wanting to know everything. I heard her talking to daddy the other day about some of the blogs she reads daily. I guess it's pretty popular to do a 'day in the life' post these days (sounds boring to me actually!) BUT I figured that it'd be pretty quick and easy for me to write about so I'm jumpin' on the band wagon. Mom and dad have me on a pretty regular schedule - and I kinda like it. I love being on a routine and it seems to work well for all of us. We have a lot of fun every day and I love hanging out and playing. So here you go (I'm showing you what a weekend day looks like for me. Mommy and daddy go to work during the week and though I have lots of fun at daycare I thought it'd be way more cool to tell you about all the fun times I have with mommy and daddy on the weekends!)
6:15 - This is about the time I usually wake up, though sometimes I give mom and dad a break and sleep in until 6:30 or later (but not too often - I don't want them getting used to that!) I'm sure they'd like it if I slept in later but in my defense there are just too many toys to play with and too many things to see and do!!
On Saturday mornings daddy lets mommy sleep in so he comes in and gets me. After he changes my diaper we head downstairs to play for a bit. Right now I love books, my Fisher Price Laugh and Learn piggy bank, and my Playskool Busy Gears. On Sundays, mommy gets up with me. She really loves this one on one time with me - she is always kissing me and hugging me and making me giggle.
7:00 - I start to get hungry around this time. I'm still getting mommy's milk though I think I might be getting too old for it. I just like to pull her hair while I eat and everything around me is so distracting that sometimes I don't drink for long. But anyways, after I drink my milk in the morning I get to eat the good stuff!!! My favorite breakfast foods are Cheerios, scrambled eggs, and these super yummy pancakes mommy makes me. She says they're all healthy and good for me but I don't care about any of that - all I care about is that they taste YUMMY!!!! After I finish breakfast it's back to playing for me!! Besides the toys I listed above, I love to go around and look at the flowers/trees outside, play in my ball pit, knock down any towers mommy or daddy build for me, listen to music, and get chased around the house!! It's all pretty fun if I do say so myself!!!!
8:30-8:45 - *YAWN* Yup - I'm pretty pooped at this point and ready for a nap. I love to have books read to me before I go down. After a couple books I go right to sleep and usually take a pretty good nap.
10 - I'm awake and it's snack time! I like to eat some watermelon at snack time or a yummy muffin mommy made for me (she makes me the best stuff - she tells me all the time how I have to eat healthy so I can grow big and strong like daddy!)
After snack I like to play some more. I might also tag along and run some errands with the parental unit. If it's nice out we like to get outside and go for a walk or go on a hike. Other times we head out to visit family or friends for the day. I'm pretty easy going so I just go along with whatever they have planned.
12noon - It's time to eat again - YAY!!! I enjoy some milk and then will eat some fruit puree along with some finger foods (shredded chicken, black olives, baby pancake, puffs, etc.) Mommy says I'm getting too big for purees so soon I'll just be eating regular food. I'm good with this - I've mastered my pincer grasp and can shovel food into my mouth like a champ!!!
1-ish - I'm ready for my afternoon nap. Mom and dad are pretty strict with my schedule and try to get me down right at 1, but they do tend to be a bit more relaxed with this nap, especially if we're all out and about. I usually sleep for an hour or longer - I have to recharge my batteries so I'm all ready for an afternoon of fun!!
3 - Snack time - woohoo! I get more milk and maybe some puffs or Cheerios or fruit - I'm not picky...I'll eat whatever they put on my tray. Afterwards, we'll play some more - or go run more errands - or whatever mom and dad need to do - I just go along for the ride and scope everything out.
5:45 - dinner time! We all sit down and eat dinner together now. When mommy plans the menu for the week she tries to make baby friendly dinners so I can eat what they eat. If it's not though - no worries, I'm just as happy eating some shredded chicken, tomatoes, black olives, and a veggie. I like it all!!
6:15 - "Rubber ducky you're the one....you make bath time so much fun!" I just love it when daddy sings that to me - it makes me laugh. I really love bath time now - except when water gets in my eyes!! I love to splash and play with my toys!!
6:30 - By this time I'm pretty sleepy. I've had a full day and I'm ready to hit the sack. After I drink some milk, mommy and daddy read to me, then sing me a couple songs. I'm exhausted and just ready to be in my crib and I'm usually fast asleep by 6:45 or shortly after.
And that's it - a day in my life. Pretty fun, huh?!?!
Where do I even begin? Today you are 10 months old. In 2 short months you are going to be 1. Yes, that's right - 1!!!!!!!! I honestly have such a hard time wrapping my head around that. I seriously feel as if it were yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital.
Each month with you gets better and better. You are such a good boy - you always have been since day one and I hope that continues. You're thriving and growing and learning so much every day. It's incredible to see you become a little person. You are such a happy baby all the time (except when you're tired - but hey, I don't blame you. I get fussy when I'm tired too!) You are such a little sponge - soaking everything up - watching everything around you - trying to figure out how everything works. Mommy and daddy love teaching you new things and watching you develop new skills. It's such a joy.
Being your parents is the hardest yet most rewarding and incredible thing ever. I don't know how we got so dang lucky to get such a perfect little boy but we are so incredibly grateful. You are the light of our lives and you make us so happy. And we know we aren't just biased - everyone compliments on us on what a good, happy, smart little boy you are. We are so proud of you and love you so very much!
Keep growing. Keep being the smart, funny, sweet, cute little boy that we love so very dearly. Keep growing. Keep learning. Keep being YOU!
We love you!!
Mommy & Daddy
WEIGHT - On 8/25, he weighed 15lbs 10oz so he's definitely over 16lbs at this point (especially at the rate this kid is eating - my goodness he eats a ton for a kid his size - it's quite astounding actually ha-ha)
LENGTH - On 8/25 he was 2' 3.7" or 27.7" so really I don't know how much he really grew in a few weeks...
HAIR - it's grown in quite a bit and still pretty light - I'd say a dirty blonde color right now.
EYES - big 'n' blue - I think we're past the point of them changing so we've got a blue-eyed little boy on our hands....lock up your daughters!!!
CLOTHES - I don't even know to be honest. For shorts he's definitely still in 0-3 or 3 months, same for rompers. For pajamas he's wearing mostly 6 months. For shirts/onesies he can wear 3 months or 6 months. I don't know what this winter will be like. I feel like he needs 0-3 or 3 for pants because he has a tiny waist but he needs a bigger size for the length. So I dunno - he'll either be sporting highwater pants all winter or will be wearing suspenders every day to keep his pants up!!!
DIAPERS - size 3....we ran out of size 2 and didn't feel like buying more since he'll probably be out of them shortly anyways so we're making size 3s work.
SLEEP - still a great sleeper...at night! He sleeps 7-6:15ish. His naps can vary - he still takes 2 naps and we shoot for each one being an hour or longer but sometimes one is only half an hour.
DISLIKES - getting his diaper changed - especially when he's tired, being off schedule, getting something taken away from him (holy temper tantrum!!!!)
LIKES - music (it's soooo stinkin' cute when he dances!), opening/shutting doors, being outside and looking at the flowers, books, being chased around the house, food (seriously he eats SO MUCH!!!)
EATING - the kid eats like a rockstar - seriously. It's amazing how much this kid can pack away. We switched up his schedule a bit a couple weeks ago - he now gets breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with 2 snacks. For breakfast he'll nurse and then have some fruit and scrambled eggs or pancakes (I found this GREAT recipe for pancakes - just 2 eggs, a banana, and some cinnamon all blended up and cooked like regular pancakes...perfect for babies and so much healthier!!!) After his morning nap, he'll have a snack of cheerios maybe or some more fruit or something like that. At lunch he gets a 4oz bottle/nurses, 2oz of fruit puree, and some finger food (such as veggies, chicken, olives, etc) At 3pm he gets a 4oz bottle/nurses. We now eat dinner as a family around 5:45 so he'll have 4oz of a veggie/combo puree along with some more finger foods. Then before bed he gets a 5oz bottle and also nurses.
MILESTONES - gives kisses, gives high fives, says da-da, yeah, ba-ba and lotsa of other sounds and babbling, he uses baby sign language - he has a sign for 'want' and he can sign 'more' and 'all done' and sometimes he'll do 'eat.' He can also walk using a walk behind toy so I have a feeling he'll be walking sooner than later. He babbles a ton and understands SO much. For instance, if you say 'OK Camden let's go night night' he'll go over to a pillow and lay his head down - it's so stinkin' adorable! He's also really quite funny - he is a total goofball and makes us laugh every day!! He also now has 6 teeth.
OTHER - You had to start at a new day care unfortunately. It's been a big adjustment for you (and us too!) but once you get used to it I think you'll thrive there. You're such an easy going kid that I know it's all going to be just fine!!
There's so much I want to say. So much to catch ya'll up on. So much to share with everyone. But quite honestly - there just aren't enough hours in the day and this space is always the first thing to be put on the back burner (*ie - this post took me over a week to finish.) I know I keep saying I'm going to get better at this and I keep trying to do it all...but I can't. But today I did want to pop in quick and do a quick little All About Me post I've been seeing in the blog world recently. So enjoy...and I hope to be back to this space more regularly sooner rather than later...
1. Favorite food: Hmmm...this is a tough one - I seriously LOVE food! I honestly don't think I can pick just one food to call my FAVORITE!! So I'll go general and say Italian because it includes a lot of my favorite things like fresh bread, pasta, seafood(cacciuco anyone?!?!), etc. Ooh...but I do love pizza...and fresh fruit...and cotton candy...and burritos...(do you see my issue here?!)
2. Flip flops or high heels: Flip flops all the way. I wish I were a high heels kinda girl but I'm just not anymore. I do love me a great pair of wedges though - I can totally rock those!!
3. Favorite places to shop for yourself: I really don't shop for myself - sad but true. When I do need to find stuff I usually head to Marshalls, Old Navy, or Target.
4. Standard Coffee order: I'll only drink coffee when I'm able to add loads of yummy creamer to it which isn't usually available at coffee places (not to mention it all needs to be dairy free.) So very rarely do I order coffee when out and about - it's usually something I only drink at home when I can doctor it up to my liking. However, when I do go to Starbucks my standard order is a sugar-free vanilla soy steamer.
5. Road trip must have snack: water, some sort of candy, pretzels, and fruit!!
6. DIY or hire it out? I'd say we usually DIY with the exception of painting. I'd love to hire it out more but we usually don't have the funds to do that.
7. Top 5 TV shows: TV what's that?! Who has time to watch TV these days?!?!?! When I do get the chance I love Grey's Anatomy, The Voice, Graceland, OITNB....and I can't think of what else we watch (hashtag mommybrain)
8. Favorite Book: There's no way I can pick a favorite book - I love to read and there are too many great reads out there!!
9. Favorite Form of Exercising: running and pilates
10. How tall are you? 5'3.5" (and yes that half an inch is important!)
11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites? a creature of habit and usually stick to my favorites. I have been known to switch it up though if the mood strikes me (which isn't often!)
12. One make up item you can't live without: just ONE?!?! Ummm - I'll have to say foundation/concealer
13. What's on your nightstand? a lamp, 2 baby monitors, ipad, and cell phone.
14. What's one thing motherhood has taught you? Hmm I've only been a mommy for just over 9 months so this is hard. I guess it's that they really do grow up so fast so to enjoy every second with them. Your time with them is precious so soak it all up every.single.day.
15. Music that reminds you of high school: Gotta go with Backstreet Boys...'N Sync....NKOTB...you know all those boy bands.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live? Hmm either Lake George or somewhere in Arizona.
17. Tell us something about you we might not know: Hmm let me think....I think I'm mentioned a lot of the quirky things already on my blog - like that I am deathly petrified of deer, I'm lactose intolerant, my husband and I went to school together and grew up in the same small town. Umm...I'm thinking - I'm thinking. Oh I know - I HATE, HATE, HATE the movie The Wizard of Oz (sorry to all you lovers of that movie out there - I know most people love this movie!)
18. Websites you read/browse (besides blogs): yahoo.com, Facebook, Pinterest, Etsy - that's about it I think.
19. Morning person or Night owl? Morning person - though, in all honesty, I don't think I'm either ha-ha I'm great from like 3-5:30 ha-ha
20. Favorite Breakfast meal: Ohh breakfast foods...a weakness of mine. You can't go wrong with chocolate chip pancakes...or donuts. Yup - now who wants to bring me both of these?! Like right meow...YUM! YUM!
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!