There's so much I want to say. So much to catch ya'll up on. So much to share with everyone. But quite honestly - there just aren't enough hours in the day and this space is always the first thing to be put on the back burner (*ie - this post took me over a week to finish.) I know I keep saying I'm going to get better at this and I keep trying to do it all...but I can't. But today I did want to pop in quick and do a quick little All About Me post I've been seeing in the blog world recently. So enjoy...and I hope to be back to this space more regularly sooner rather than later...
1. Favorite food: Hmmm...this is a tough one - I seriously LOVE food! I honestly don't think I can pick just one food to call my FAVORITE!! So I'll go general and say Italian because it includes a lot of my favorite things like fresh bread, pasta, seafood(cacciuco anyone?!?!), etc. Ooh...but I do love pizza...and fresh fruit...and cotton candy...and burritos...(do you see my issue here?!)
2. Flip flops or high heels: Flip flops all the way. I wish I were a high heels kinda girl but I'm just not anymore. I do love me a great pair of wedges though - I can totally rock those!!
3. Favorite places to shop for yourself: I really don't shop for myself - sad but true. When I do need to find stuff I usually head to Marshalls, Old Navy, or Target.
4. Standard Coffee order: I'll only drink coffee when I'm able to add loads of yummy creamer to it which isn't usually available at coffee places (not to mention it all needs to be dairy free.) So very rarely do I order coffee when out and about - it's usually something I only drink at home when I can doctor it up to my liking. However, when I do go to Starbucks my standard order is a sugar-free vanilla soy steamer.
5. Road trip must have snack: water, some sort of candy, pretzels, and fruit!!
6. DIY or hire it out? I'd say we usually DIY with the exception of painting. I'd love to hire it out more but we usually don't have the funds to do that.
7. Top 5 TV shows: TV what's that?! Who has time to watch TV these days?!?!?! When I do get the chance I love Grey's Anatomy, The Voice, Graceland, OITNB....and I can't think of what else we watch (hashtag mommybrain)
8. Favorite Book: There's no way I can pick a favorite book - I love to read and there are too many great reads out there!!
9. Favorite Form of Exercising: running and pilates
10. How tall are you? 5'3.5" (and yes that half an inch is important!)
11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites? a creature of habit and usually stick to my favorites. I have been known to switch it up though if the mood strikes me (which isn't often!)
12. One make up item you can't live without: just ONE?!?! Ummm - I'll have to say foundation/concealer
13. What's on your nightstand? a lamp, 2 baby monitors, ipad, and cell phone.
14. What's one thing motherhood has taught you? Hmm I've only been a mommy for just over 9 months so this is hard. I guess it's that they really do grow up so fast so to enjoy every second with them. Your time with them is precious so soak it all up every.single.day.
15. Music that reminds you of high school: Gotta go with Backstreet Boys...'N Sync....NKOTB...you know all those boy bands.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live? Hmm either Lake George or somewhere in Arizona.
17. Tell us something about you we might not know: Hmm let me think....I think I'm mentioned a lot of the quirky things already on my blog - like that I am deathly petrified of deer, I'm lactose intolerant, my husband and I went to school together and grew up in the same small town. Umm...I'm thinking - I'm thinking. Oh I know - I HATE, HATE, HATE the movie The Wizard of Oz (sorry to all you lovers of that movie out there - I know most people love this movie!)
18. Websites you read/browse (besides blogs): yahoo.com, Facebook, Pinterest, Etsy - that's about it I think.
19. Morning person or Night owl? Morning person - though, in all honesty, I don't think I'm either ha-ha I'm great from like 3-5:30 ha-ha
20. Favorite Breakfast meal: Ohh breakfast foods...a weakness of mine. You can't go wrong with chocolate chip pancakes...or donuts. Yup - now who wants to bring me both of these?! Like right meow...YUM! YUM!
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!