Before, I divulge all my September goals, let's do a quick recap of my August goals (which include my vacation goals since that took place in August as well!)
Up first - my August goals:
~ buy a crib and dresser for the nursery and get it set up = DONE - including a mattress!!
~ read 2 books = DONE. I finished reading Defending Jacob and I also read Gone Girl and The Wedding (THANK YOU VACATION!)
~ be totally done Christmas shopping for 4 people = 1/2 done. I got 2 people done. But with my next Amazon order, I'll have a lot more done!!!
~ make 2 freezer meals = complete FAIL! No excuses. This just didn't get done.
~ have a great, relaxing vacation with the hubs! = DONE!!
~ do one stock up shopping trip = FAIL. I had every intention of doing so but then the hubs needed a new cell phone. Soooooo ya know...
Now onto my vacation goals:
1) get up and watch the sun rise on the beach at least once = technically a FAIL...but we did enjoy many beautiful sunsets so it's not a total fail in my books.
2) read 2 books = done - see answer under August goals.
3) enjoy a lobster roll = we were in Maryland which is crab country so why I chose this as a goal I dunno - ?!?! (pregnancy brain I suppose...) but I did enjoy some Maryland crab cakes! YUM!
4) take as many long walks as possible on the beach with the hubs = we walked the boardwalk every night - and took one walk on the beach. It was tough walking in the sand with all the soreness I have going on and such.
5) celebrate our 2nd anniversary by doing special (maybe get all fancied up for dinner or find something fun to do that neither of us has done before.) = We had a fantastic day and enjoyed a nice meal on the bay - it was a perfect day to celebrate!
6) find the best donut shop around and enjoy a donut...or 2...or 3! = SUCCESS!! I enjoyed 2 donuts while on vacation - one from Fractured Prune on the boardwalk and the other from Layton's Family Restaurant. Both SO good!!
7) get a tan = DONE! I'm not as tan as I would have liked but I've got tan lines so I'll take it :)
8) soak it ALL in - every little moment of every single day = I definitely tried and I think I did a pretty good job.
9) two words (and 2 of my favorite things...) - beach fireworks = SUCCESS!!!
10) sunset picnic dinner on the beach = we did have a picnic lunch on the beach so I consider this a win!!
Now for some SEPTEMBER goals:
- Buy blackout curtains for the nursery
- Go on at least 2 dates with my husband
- Start organizing/setting up the nursery after my baby shower
- Continue working on my Christmas shopping
- Do a stock-up shopping trip
WHAT ARE YOUR SEPTEMBER GOALS?
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!