Just a bunch of randomness for this Friday...
- I'm extra glad it's Friday today. It's been a very long, stressful week for me. Our company audit is Monday so it's been a crazy week getting everything ready. It's been non-stop here at work since I returned from maternity leave and I'm ready for things to calm down a bit so I can actually get caught up.
- This week was Matt's February break at school so he's been home all day with Camden. And I've got to give him mad props - he's been an EXCELLENT Mr. Mommy this week!! Camden is so lucky to have such a great daddy and I'm grateful he picked up my slack since I was at work entirely TOO much this week. Thanks babe - Camden and I are so lucky to have you!
- Last night I bought Camden a pair of Toms from Zulily to put in his Easter basket. Cutest shoes EVER!! I also plan on buying him these Chucks. Boys clothes have come a long way and I just LOVE shopping for my little guy - it's so much fun!!
- Speaking of Easter, I also bought Camden his Easter basket this week. I got it from Etsy - specifically the shop Personal Stitch. Check her store out - such cute things, great to work with, and it shipped SUPER quick! (ignore the bad picture quality - lighting isn't all that great at 6am!) I obviously didn't go the traditional route but I love how it turned it. Not to mention, it can be used throughout the year as storage or whatever else Camden figures out what to do with it as he gets older.
- I'm seriously dying to get outside for a run. I haven't been outside in weeks due to this horrible weather we've been having. I'm so over the treadmill let me tell ya'. It's tough just forcing myself to get in 3 miles on the stupid thing. I can't wait for nicer weather to get outside and start using my jogging stroller (and getting longer runs in!)
- Speaking of working out the hubs and I have designated Thursday nights to staying home and working out together in the basement. I love it because I get a work out in but I also get to spend time with Matt. It's a definite win win situation for us :) Plus he pushes me and has me doing things I wouldn't normally do on my own.
- I had printed off a recipe for cookies that uses sweet potatoes and almond flour as the base and had it on the fridge. Matt saw it this week and decided to bake them up. O.M.G. 100% clean. 100% amazing. Recipe to come next week!
- I've been pretty overwhelmed and miserable lately. I'm so stressed out at work. And, of course, I have the winter blues. Not to mention we're stil figuring stuff out as far as schedules go and all that. I really hope I get out of this funk soon. I'm hoping once I get caught up at work and the weather gets nicer it'll really help my mood. In the meantime, I'm just trying to do my best each day and try not to be too miserable!
- It's Lent season. I usually give up sweets but since we're eating clean (and usually aim for only one cheat meal a week) I decided to give up adding extra salt to my food. This is HUGE for me so wish me luck. Matt didn't give anything up - instead he wants to start going to Church. I couldn't agree more and look forward to attending Church as a family.
I think that's about it for now from me. Hope ya'll don't mind my randomness today. Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!