I've never had great skin. And I feel like I've always struggled with it. When I was in my teens I had some acne. I like to pick and pop so now I'm left with some small scars and indentations. My skin tone is uneven. And my skin is just blah - I don't have that naturally glowing, radiant skin. So lately I've really been trying to focus on my skin and have found some really great items that I thought I'd share with you all for today's Five on Friday.
1) My first item is a bit of a splurge. It's the Rodan & FIelds redefine eye cream. I have some pretty dark circles under my eyes, I've heard amazing things about R&F, & saw some amazing before and after pics. Soooooo I splurged and went for it. So far, I think it's a great eye cream. I wouldn't say I've noticed a huge difference (but I've only been using for a short time) but I have high hopes for this it!! I also bought the eye cloths (which I haven't noticed much of a difference at all but like how it takes off all my eye make up and such.) So they're both winners in my book.
2) Next up is e.l.f studio's high definition powder in translucent. I just bought this last weekend and LOVE it. And at $6 it's right in line with my budget! You don't need a lot of this - use a big brush and brush it all over your face and voila! You're good to go.
3) Next up is actually two products - a brightening toner and vitamin C serum. I use both of these twice a day. I use Burt's Bees Refining Tonic and Claire-ity vitamin C serum. Neither are expensive and they've lasted me for a few months already (I'll need to re-order the toner within the next week or so probably.)
4) This mascara is amazing!!!! I don't have long, luscious lashes. But after applying this mascara, I can fake it. It stays put. It doesn't flake. Basically, it's awesome.
5) And saving the best for last...drum roll please......
NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat spray. Seriously, ladies. Buy yourself this. After you're done applying your makeup you spritz this on your face and it sets your makeup. At the end of the day my makeup is in tact and looks like I actually have makeup on. And for $8 you can't beat it. Stock up girls!!
Hey ~ I'm Renée...just your ordinary, 30-something Accountant, new mommy, wife, runner, foodie, & Pinterest addict! Welcome to my newest adventure...stay awhile...look around...and keep comin' back!